Monday, February 15, 2010

Laundry detergent and tub cleaner

I was asked if I would put this on here so here goes.

Laundry detergent
1 bar of ivory soap grated
1/2 C of washing soda- not baking soda
1/2 C borax

Mix together and use 1T per load. I promise that is all you need to use.


Tub cleaner
1/4 C dawn dishwashing detergent
white vinegar

Fill a squirt bottle with the dawn soap and the rest of the way with white vinegar. Shake well and then shake everytime before you use it. You will be amazed. The recipe says that if it is really bad grime leave for 15 minutes. I just spray it down and by the time I get the rest of the bathroom done it has it all removed.

3 comments:

  1. Wendy, I just love all of your recipes on your blog. I'll have to give them a try! Between your blogging and the daily blog I look at from another crafter/card maker I decided to give my hand at it too. My blog is at http://cizon.blogspot.com

    I've Subscribed to your blog so I can know when it is updated. Thanks again for the helpful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help. I love trying new recipes. I'm checking out your blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying your tub cleaner tomorrow. Thanks Wendy! Thanks for the powdered laundry soap recipe, too.

    ReplyDelete